ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Charlie Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:27:12 -0400

Louis --

Your comment makes a lot of sense to me. Although the kinds of the experiences we've been vaguely referring to as "maker" have been around at least since I was a mid-twentieth century toddler, the term "maker" seems to be a faddish and ill-defined buzz word. Maybe abandoning the term and clearly identifying our purposes and describing the specific experiences, tools and materials, needed institutional expertise and risks would take us down a more productive path.

** The signature line on my Outlook is invisible to me, so if there's no disclaimer absolving my institution from my opinions, then I hereby so disclaim. **

-- Charlie Stout

Charlie Stout

Director of Exhibits

Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum