From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:35:33 +1000
Sarah,
Did you happen to look to see if the bottom lip had a tie, too? It's not
something we see usually, but when there is restriction it can affect latch
and the mother's pain level. I recently saw a baby with three different
frenula - posterior TT, labial frenulum (upper) and labial frenulum (lower).
A paper in an English-language journal published in Polans some years ago
identified six different oral "adhesions" in kids in a small case series.
-----------------------------
Sarah wrote:
Emergency caeserean section after a long labour. Was finger fed for
first few days in hospital due to being very sleepy.mum has lots of
milk. Baby had a tongue tie snipped at 9 days old. I haven't seen
baby feed myself (friend of my sisters) but my sister is an
experienced breastfeeder herself and said she thinks the latch is
quite shallow. The mum has never had a comfortable feed even after
the tongue tie was snipped, although it was slightly better. Her
nipple is often misshapen after a feed but no matter how hard she
tries she cannot get the baby to open his mouth any wider. I have
suggested biological nurturing to her but have had no feed back as
yet. Any other suggestions? ,,,,