HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Elizabeth Davoli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2013 07:43:19 -0700
2013 SCHAC Annual Meeting: Call for Papers and Posters

The 15th annual meeting of the South Central Historical Archeology Conference (SCHAC) will be held October 4-6, 2013 at LSU Rural Life Museum, hosted by the LSU Rural Life Museum. We plan to have a Friday night gathering, with Saturday paper and poster presentations, and an optional tour on Sunday.

Accommodations will be at the SpringHill Suites, 7979 Essen Park, in Baton Rouge across from the entrance of Rural Life Museum.  A block of 12 rooms has been reserved, to make a reservation call (225)-766-0797 and mention LSU Rural Life Museum for a rate of $96/night King or Queen Suite, and includes a complimentary breakfast buffet.  To make a reservation online, go to http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/btrsh-springhill-suites-baton-rouge-south/ and be sure to mention LSU Rural Life Museum to get the discounted rate.

Please submit a title and an abstract of 150 words (maximum) if you are interested in presenting a paper or poster at the conference. Any research relating to historical archeology in the South Central region is welcome, and students and new presenters are encouraged to participate. Submissions should include the author, affiliation, title and abstract, and need to be received by Friday September 6, 2013. Send abstracts to: Dennis Jones [log in to unmask], or Julie Doucet [log in to unmask], or Sara Hahn [log in to unmask]  A computer, digital projector, screen, and podium with microphone will be provided, but if you have other AV needs or questions, please contact Dennis Jones or Julie Doucet.

Please let Sara ([log in to unmask]) know by August 9 if you plan to attend from out of town, so that we can make sure that we have enough rooms blocked off.