Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2012 15:04:54 -0400
 > Too many variables exist to place the entire blame on not treating.

I agree, and I think the problem is that "no treatment" is regarded by some
as a religion more than simply an option on a sliding scale of which
the other end is "treat everything prophylactically all the time".

For some reason, those of us who have experimented with "no treatment',
even multiple times with bad results, and have therefore reasonably decided
that it is not for us right now with what we have and what we know, are
regarded by some as "backsliders" and infidels.

That very reaction brings into question the objectivity of those who
castigate us for our doubt.

Most of us are very interested in reducing and even eliminating treatments,
but we are equally interested -- or even more interested -- in keeping our
bees alive and productive by the best methods we can learn.

We simply want to find the "sweet spot" on that treatment continuum and
keep our ears open for ways to reduce our interventions and also any
collateral effects  --  "no treatment" having proven to be an unworkable
option for us at present.

Signed
X Doubting Thomas