ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:54:22 +0000

Good Morning All,
Introducing organic materials such as crushed walnut shells or corn cob granules may be considered food for insects in your exhibition areas and the adjacent museum areas.  I don't know about you, but I don't like insects in museums, since some of those critters will eat proteins such as wool, silk, natural history collections, etc... and the others will eat cellulose such as cotton, linen, and botanical collections, etc......
These concerns may be filed under the rubric Integrated Pest Management.
And to all of my Revolutionary friends and colleagues........Best wishes for a Happy 4th of July!
Wesley
Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs
Pink Palace Family of Museums
3050 Central Avenue
Memphis, TN 38111
www.memphismuseums.org
Office 901.636.2370  new telephone number FAX 901.636.2391  new FAX number