From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2012 12:37:51 +0200
Terri, I can understand why you are at a total loss here, but why is
it up to you to sort this out?  What exactly is the woman requesting
of you (it's not clear from the post)?  A second opinion on what is
causing her symptoms, or whether they could be breastfeeding related,
or whether the medication recommended to her by the doctor she saw is
compatible with breastfeeding?
It's unclear from your post whether the doctor actually checked for
infections before landing on estrogen as the solution to the patient's
problem.  If there is still a possibility that infection is causing
whatever symptoms prompted her to seek medical advice, she should be
pushing for a full investigation to rule it out. If infection has been
ruled out, and she doesn't like the advice the doctor gave her, why is
it up to you to fix it?  She can pursue with the doctor what other
options are available to her and she can seek opinions from other
kinds of gynecological practitioners, or she can live with whatever
symptoms she has if she is hesitant to try any kind of therapy.

Give yourself a break, I guess is what I am trying to say :-)
Sometimes passing the buck is actually the right thing to do.

Rachel  Myr