Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:58:41 -0700
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Cathy Porter <[log in to unmask]>
I thought that I would update you all on this case.

I need more help. I have no experience with MRSA.  I have looked and
will look again in the archives.  Any information will be greatly
appreciated!

Mom took a culture of the area and yesterday it came back positive for
MRSA.  Mom did not know what the name of the prescription is for her;
she had not received it yet.  Dr. gave prescription to 4 month old baby
of bactroban (sp?) cream for the cracks on his lower lips.  Mom asked if
she could put it on her nipples.  Dr. hesitantly said yes.

So far any research that I have found is MRSA with mastitis.  She does
not have mastitis.  The only spots that she has (would these be called
lesions?) are on the breast, both R and L, directly under the nipple and
on the nipple at 6 o'clock. Baby takes these area into the mouth while
breastfeeding.

AND the older sibling that mom initially had problems?  Mom told me
during initial consultation that she thought she has eczema.  I am
wondering if she is infected as well and it is not eczema. I suggested
to mom the entire family be checked.

If there are no affected areas, how is one tested?

Thank you in advance for all information.

Cathy

Cathy Porter  BA, IBCLC, RLC
From Heart 2 Tummy
Private Lactation Consultation, Breastfeeding Supplies and Rental
Station
(559) 904-7222
11444 13th Ave
Hanford, CA 93230