ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Larry Hoffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:30:42 -0700

Thanks for your continued participation of ISEN-ASTC-L! We hope you have found this a valuable resource.

It has been a while since we reminded folks of the list etiquette and the rules which need to be followed in order to keep this list in operation, so we thought we'd send this message as a refresher.

You may not advertise, solicit, or conduct business on ISEN-ASTC-L. This includes job postings. If you're interested in advertising a job to the science center community, you can do so through ASTC's job bank. Information on posting an advertisement in the job bank can be found at http://www.astc.org/profdev/price.htm.

By posting material on this e-mail list, you represent that you have all the necessary rights in and to such materials; that such materials will not infringe on any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties; and that such material will not be harmful, derogatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable. ASTC expressly disclaims responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this e-mail list.

If you have questions not answered here, contact the ASTC list manager at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. You may also reach ASTC by calling 202/783-7200, or by writing to us at 1025 Vermont Avenue, NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005-6310, U.S.A.

List etiquette

* Always sign messages with your name, institutional affiliation (if you have one), and e-mail address.

* Do not hit "reply" when you respond to messages on the list unless more than one person is likely to be interested. Instead, write directly to the sender of that message.

* Cover only one subject per message, which facilitates replies, forwarding, and filing. Choose subject lines carefully so others have an idea what your message is about when it arrives in their inbox, and to help with later searches.

* Do not post trivial or inappropriate messages. Refrain from sending brief messages like "Me too" or "I agree." When responding to a message, first delete the footer and previous messages. You can excerpt relevant parts if you need to.

* If you post a message to the list and receive responses that would be interesting to other subscribers, post a summary.

* Be diplomatic. Criticism is always harsher when written

Thank you!

--
Larry H. Hoffer
Communications Strategist

KNOWLEDGE THAT WORKS: Join ASTC and the Maryland Science Center for the 2011 Annual Conference, October 15-18 in Baltimore, Maryland.  Check out the preliminary program online at http://conference.astc.org/search-conference-program.