From:
jimmy odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2012 08:24:45 -0400
Hello Bee-L ers:

From the posts that I am reading on Bee-L, it appears that swarm collection
and extractions are way up this year.    Sounds like Joe Waggle has all he
can handle.  Our first swarm calls here in the Charlotte NC area began in
the first week of March this year and normally it is April 1 when the calls
start.

I would like to know what other Beekeepers charge for their services to
either collect a swarm or to do an extraction... As for me, I charge a $40
consultation fee for an extraction, and if I am to remove the colony, then
the minimum is $300.00 and does not include any repairs to re-apply siding
or whatever we have to cut through.

As far as swarms are concerned,  i normally ask for a minimum fee of $40
and that may go up depending on where the swarm is located, (trees,
automobiles, sides of houses, under the porch or where-ever).   I tell the
customer, that I will have to make 2 trips to get the bees in the box,
which means that I will be picking the bees up after the sun has gone down..

thanks..

jimmy r odom   (chasing swarms in the carolinas)