From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:35:49 -0300
> > the soil study done for that registration on PEI showed a half life up
> to 455 days. ... The 455 days is a real figure.
>
> I would like to see the context of this. I can not find any confirmation
> of the 455 number. I did find this:

You are missing the point, Peter.  You will NOT find that published
anywhere.  The report was NOT published.  But it was submitted to the
Canadian PMRA (Pest Management Regulatory Agency) as a soil half life study
as required for registration of the chemical.   PMRA will not release it,
even under Canadian access to information legislation, because Bayer paid
for the study, and thus the information is "proprietary".   My feelings are
that once a study is submitted to government for regulatory purposes it
should no longer be proprietary.   The companies' counter argument is that
another company could use the information for registration of a competitive
product.  (I think that is a weak argument).

Anyway, I wish I could give you the context, but it slipped out at a
meeting and I was briefly allowed to look at that study when I asked.
There were two major Bayer executives at the meeting, one was Veldon
Sorenson.   I no longer have any dealings with Bayer, but if someone who
does can obtain and post the study then you will be able to see the context.

Stan