From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 06:40:23 -0800

> >I would be grateful for more accounts of how people are finding their bees
> react to multiple treatments during times of the year when bees are NOT
> broodless.

Stan, the following paper does not go into detail as to how the bees
reacted, but efficacy in hives with brood in fall was about 64%.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/person/31186/oxalic.pdf

I've dribbled OA in the same manner (3x, a week apart) to "clean up"
heavily mite infested colonies in late summer.  I can't tell you exactly
how it affected the bees, but they do not appear to be very negatively
affected.  As stated by others here, it turned a colony on the path to
death around.

However, I haven't used OA in the summer for several years--I prefer
Apiguard or perhaps (still learning) MAQS. I do use OA in early winter at
the nadir of broodrearing (my colonies rarely go broodless), to my great
satisfaction.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA