HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tonia Deetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 17:45:26 -0500
There is a petition being circulated that has gotten a lot of signatures, started by an archaeologist: http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-spike-tv-from-looting-our-collective-past

-----Original Message-----
From: Misty Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
To: HISTARCH <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, Feb 25, 2012 8:30 pm
Subject: Re: Alert - American Diggers show going ahead

I received an email today through the Conference on Michigan Archaeology on this
ssue, which was informed through our State Archaeologist, who in turn was
nformed via NASA (National Association of State Archaeologists). According to
ur State Archaeologist, the major archaeological organizations in the U.S. have
een made aware of this, and responses are being prepared. So some sort of broad
ange resistance is in the works.
Misty
Misty Jackson, Ph.D., RPA
rbre Croche Cultural Resources
14 South Main Street
eslie, Michigan 49251
17-589-2467
17-525-3060
n Feb 24, 2012, at 1:25 PM, William T Langhorne wrote:
> Does anyone know if the SAA and relevant Native American groups are aware
 of this?  I would hope that some sort of broad range resistence would put a
 stop to this.

 Tom

 --
 W. Thomas Langhorne, Jr., Ph.D.
 Pre-Health Professions Advisor   AB  G-18

 This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected
 by law as privileged and confidential and is transmitted for the sole use
 of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient, you
 are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of
 this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.  If
 you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
 sender by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail.