HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Daniel Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2012 23:01:51 +0000
Hello

My name is Dan Martin. I am an archaeologist currently working with CH2M HILL. I have a BA in anthropology from Portland State which I got in 1984. I have worked in CRM since then, mostly as a field tech. I have worked mostly in the Northwest: Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and California. I have had extensive experience with prehistoric resources but most of my personal research has involved historic material culture. Most recently my research topics included historic glass and ceramic gastroliths, also the development of the imagery on Kerr squat angel jelly jars. My major focus for at least 6 years has been on the material culture of sexual hygiene: the artifacts involved with contraception, the treatment of venereal diseases, the promotion of sexual health , the context and meaning of where those artifacts are found.
	I love ceramics and glass so following the HISTARCH mysteries and controversies is always educational, and often a hoot.