HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:19:12 -0500
Mike Schiffer has asked me to forward an interesting request for him
relating to historic archaeology work.  Any thoughts would be greatly
appreciated. His email is:       [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])

I will also forward any responses about this on the listserv to him.

Mike Polk

Dear Colleague:
I am currently working on a new project that seeks to pull  together
archaeological studies of people, places, and organizations  where
scientific activities were (or are) conducted.  This  includes
ethnoarchaeology of laboratories (like Latour's famous study of  the
Salk Institute), and excavation of sites and surveys of regions  (such
as Beck's study of the Nevada Test Site). I have found that this  topic is
difficult to research,  but I suspect that historical archaeologists would
be most likely to have conducted, or know of, such  projects.
I hope you can help me by giving me directions to (or pdfs  of)
relevant archaeological reports or even dim recollections of a  project you
once heard about in a  bar.
Thank you in advance for any help that you can  provide.
Sincerely,
Mike
Michael Brian Schiffer
School of Anthropology