HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:05:05 -0800
From:
Amanda Evans <[log in to unmask]>

The Advisory Council on Underwater Archaeology is pleased
to inform you of our upcoming Submerged Cultural Resources Awareness Workshop,
to be held on Wednesday April 18th from 9am to 5pm at the SAA annual conference
in Memphis, TN.  This workshop is
specifically designed to introduce terrestrial archaeologists, land managers, and regulatory agencies to basic concepts in underwater
archaeology so that you can knowledgeably address and respond to underwater
issues.  Topics to be covered will
include: understanding geophysical survey methods, exploring public outreach
and interpretation strategies, discussion of report requirements and personnel
qualifications, examining submerged cultural resources legislation, reviewing
case studies, and learning best practices.

You can register for this informative and interactive workshop as part of your online advanced registration:  https://ecommerce.saa.org/saa/source/meetings/meetingshome.cfm?section=events

Advance registration rates will end on 2012/3/17 3:00 AM (EST).

We hope you will join us in Memphis, and encourage you to
contact us for more information:  [log in to unmask]

Advisory Council on Underwater Archaeology www.acuaonline.org