Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2012 10:55:33 -0800
In debate clubs, as far as I know, the debaters have to be able to argue and defend both sides of an issue.  That does not make them an advocate of one side or the other.  Knowledge is gained when a platform is challenged and must be defended.  In this way inaccurate arguments and/or facts are brought to light to present a more accurate picture of the platform.  This is true in just about any concept that is debatable, whether it is philosophically based, scientifically based, or some other based.  I agree with the statement, "Let's debate the proposition or fact being presented and not cast aspersions on the debater. "

Mike in LA