From:
Isabella Mendoza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2011 18:51:04 -0400
This seems to have been coming up alot lately.  Seems as though we need to figure out a common sense way to distinguish between candida and bacterial infections.  Dr. Anne Eglash answered me when I brought it up late last week and she emphasized that the mom needs a "sterile  body fluid culture", which I believe is as opposed to a culture of a wound.  This is probably the only way to find out what it is.

Short of that, the clinical symptoms (deep, bilateral pain) probably should subside if she is treated for candida and it isn't getting better within, hmmmm.. three or four days?  ANybody?

Who remembers what Dr. Hale is saying regarding over diagnosis of candida?
isabella