ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Len Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 17:14:08 +0000

Hi,

I think the iPad has video out, either VGA, composite or component.  Part number MB128LL would get you component out, but only at 480p, so it might look a little rough on a 42" display.  I understand that the type of content that you can view on an external monitor varies depending on which cable you use, and it doesn't sound straightforward unless you're willing to jailbreak your ipad.  It does seem that the software part (including the swiping and onscreen keyboard) could be quite a challenge, too.

 - Len