ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 14:37:11 -0800
Subject:
From:
Charlie Carlson <[log in to unmask]>

I saw those too!  It's so much easier to do damage than it is to remedy damage, and it may have to do with our response to something as simple as a flip of the coin.  There was a great radio piece on NPR about why the housing market takes so long to recover after a market crash,  not exactly the same subjects or stakes, but the message is "somewhat" similar.  http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/02/28/134033237/what-a-coin-toss-has-to-do-with-the-housing-market

On Mar 1, 2011, at 2:07 PM, Jennie Dusheck wrote:

> Note the depressing posts in Comments by "goodscienceforyou." It takes so much longer to explain why such posts are wrong than it takes to write them.
> Jennie Dusheck
>

> At 4:39 PM -0500 3/1/11, Martin Weiss wrote:
>> http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=scopes-creationism-education
>>
>> The Scopes Strategy: Creationists Try New Tactics to Promote
>> Anti-Evolutionary Teaching in Public Schools
>>
>> Under the guise of "academic freedom" creationists are co-opting some old
>> heroes of the fight to teach evolution in the classroom for their
>> anti-science campaign

>> Martin Weiss, PhD
>> Science Interpretation, Consultant
>> New York Hall of Science
>> mweiss at nyscience.org
>> 347-460-1858

> For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.
>
> Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.
>
> The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit

Charles Carlson
Senior Scientist
exploratorium
3601 Lyon St.