ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Beryl Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:00:18 -0500

Charlie raises an important point.  These journals ARE the tools of the trade.  Over the years, I have discovered that if I can demonstrate to my scientific advisors that I have read SOMETHING about the research in peer-related journals, it makes our working relationship much better.  While not quite leveling the playing field, it has an interesting way of demonstrating to them that we really are trying to understand as much as possible in order to help get the material out to the public.  We are not just seen as dabblers who dumb down the content, but as the truly interested.
Beryl

Beryl Rosenthal, PhD
Executive Director, Waterworks Museum
www.waterworksmuseum.org