HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Harding Polk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:16:15 -0500
Cathy,

I only belatedly remembered that I had an intact Hinds Honey and Almond Cream bottle illustrated in a report I authored in 2000.  The illustration shows the side and bottom views.  The report is:  Data Recovery Excavation of LA 66922 at Alamogordo, Otero County, New Mexico.  It is Report No. 2000-2 of the New Mexico State Highway and Transportation Department (now DOT) Technical Series.  It is fully downloadable from their website  http://dot.state.nm.us/main.asp?secid=15134.  The illustration is on p. A-170.  It came from a probable dugout or root cellar that was later infilled with rubbish.  The homestead was on the north side of Alamogordo and was occupied from about 1900-1914.

Hope this helps.

Harding Polk II