ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 17:38:01 +0000

I encourage everyone - individual or organizations - to sign onto the Nation Resolution on High Stakes Testing. It not only well help students in our schools, but I know of many schools not allowed to take field trips because they need to spend more "time on task" to get test scores up, so if we can move away from the testing craze there is a benefit to science centers. It so demoralizes teachers and students, and is not what our kids need, and not a way to proceed with quality education. It also devours time and money that could be better spent elsewhere.

You can read about and sign the petition here: http://www.fairtest.org/national-resolution-highstakes-testing

These views are also completely my own!

Thanks,
Susan