ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ian Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 2011 23:49:29 +0100

If it's the consistency that works, agitators kind of make it solidify round
the blades, and that really isn't good for the machinery. I once had to
dissuade someone from doing the mixing in a cement mixer........ Needs to be
mixed fresh and then disposed of immediately afterwards. I did leave a 10m
long tank of it overnight at the London Science Museum and it was OK next
morning, but it did need a new layer of cornstarch on the top, and it wasn't
as great as it would have been fresh, but it was for a TV stunt, so OK for
the job.

IAN SIMMONS
I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of
the old ones -  John Cage

Science Centre - www.life.org.uk
Forteana - www.forteantimes.com & www.anomalist.com
Science Writing and Sound Reviews - www.nthposition.com