HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:29:12 +0800
In Sydney they built a museum over and beside the site of First Government
House. Inside the museum:

The remains of first Government House's drains and privies are exposed below
the floor. Also displayed is a selection of relics, ruins and rubbish from
the house retrieved by archaeologists in the 1980s.

Also in Jamestown one of the museum buildings is built over an
archaeological site which is exposed inside the building.

Gaye