HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

"Robert L. Schuyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:56:06 -0400
I think Sir Mortimer Wheeler said in his autobiography that Marshall dug
Mohenjo Daro (broad areal excavations ) and found Indus Valley
Civilization while if Wheeler himself had initially dug the site he
would have found Harappan culture but missed the civilization.

--
Robert L. Schuyler
University of Pennsylvania Museum

Tel: (215) 898-6965