HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
BERNARD FONTANA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BERNARD FONTANA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 07:21:28 -0700
Fort Lowell, an urban park in Tucson, Arizona, includes ruins of adobe
(sun-dried clay brick) structures in addition to a prehistoric Indian pit
house.  One of the old buildings, the commanding officer's headquarters, has
been fully preserved and is in use as a museum.  The URLs below provide more
information and photos.
    B. Fontana

http://www.visittucson.org/listings/index.cfm?action=sdisplaylisting&catID=146&listingID=20322

http://www.oflna.org/fort_lowell_museum/ftlowell.htm