Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:39:50 -0800
?> I searched through the www.honeybeeworld.com archives for thymol, per
Allen's suggestion.  Here's what I found.

You are a patient man.  There is a lot of other stuff between bites of thymol
info, although the site search and a page search makes the job easier.

I should add to your findings the fact that I had problems the second time
incorporating the thymol.  At that time, the syrup was cold and the thymol had
been mixed in alcohol and water for several days waiting for the syrup to
arrive.

I noticed that the thymol and alcohol had separated into an oily top layer in
the bucket, with the water below.  I remixed it and it turned milky.  I then
added it to the syrup and pumped it around.  It seemed to mix, but later I saw
thymol crystals around the top surface.

Not sure why, but I think that the thymol and alcohol should be mixed just
before incorporating into syrup and that warm syrup may be better.

Just guessing.