Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 08:12:10 -0400
Judy, When you asked, "Does anyone have experience with homemade formulas?"
-- this is my experience.

25-30 years ago I was at a well-child visit with a very well child....This
is a VERY small town as you will see. The doctor's wife (an NP and partner
in the practice) came in.

"So Dawn here's an interesting one. This grandmother told her daughter that
she was going to make formula, not buy it. That way she would at least know
what was in it. It was good enough for all her kids! The recipe is basically
evaporated milk, karo syrup and Tri-Vi-Sol. So we researched it and
basically it's as good as anything else they make."

I suspect it's what my mother gave me after three weeks of breastfeeding!

Dawn Kersula in Vermont - I bet Sam Doak, another Appalachian Lactnetter,
can tell us about some homemade formulas too...