Message-ID:
Content-Type:
text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Pamela Hendrix <[log in to unmask]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Our hospital is using CPN and CareCast.but these are going to be short lived.  There will be something else up and coming.  I chart most things on the babies charts.  There are times I chart on moms but I do not have time to do both charts all day long. I chart on the I&O (input and output).  There is a place for annotations (notes) in nearly every screen.  I then chart in flow sheets where there is an area to chart the latching information.  Then education is the last screen where I chart.  Here I chart what all I have taught.  Mostly I am doing a long note.  Thank goodness I took a typing class in high school back in 1973!

We do not have anything for outpatient charting as we are really not supposed to be doing them anymore.  Due to budgeting and taking me away from the paying patients at the bedside it is hard to justify paying me to see patients for free.  Although I do have exceptions where I am seeing people here and there.  We have 2 IBCLCs we refer to in the community and between our 3 maternity hospital units there are 6 free nursing mom groups.  They have become "clinics" more than anything now.  I am going to have to take the scale from our NICU with me from now on.  

I would love to hear what other hospital's are doing with computer charting.  We do have the ability to have our IT team tweak things, as long as management approves it. 

Pamela Hendrix RNIV, IBCLC, RLC
S. Florida Hospital Based

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2