From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 23:03:06 +1100
Hey Rachael,
We also had commentary on our local radio station re the BMJ study. When I heard what was coming I was that riled up that I called in and was given probably 10 or so minutes conversation with the presenter and the guest doctor. I enjoyed myself thoroughly at the time but now wonder whether I might have been a little too enthusiastic...nevermind, at least no mother would have been left with the impression that babies needs with regards nutrition are different in Australia as compared to the developing world (which was what the GP had originally said).
Karleen Gribble
Australia

Rachel Myr
writing from Oslo this time, on a bright sunny day with new snow on the ground and a morning radio broadcast featuring way too much air time about the wretched BMJ commentary article about introducing solids at 4 mos - but in which Anne Bærug, head of the Nat'l BF Center also participated and left the others in the dust, woo-hoo!