ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Charlie Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:54:36 -0800

Hi All,

There's an interesting study in PLoS One that seeks to examine the contribution of genetics and environment to a child's cognitive development.  You can easily get to it from my blog space at the Exploratorium website.  Needless to say, the opinions (errors, omissions and mistakes) found on my blog are my own and not the Exploratorium's.

http://blogs.exploratorium.edu/science/

The study demonstrates an interesting and thorough approach to understanding aspects of nature/nurture, and speaks more generally to the nature of learning.  It I think also demonstrates different approaches to overlapping areas of investigation.

Sincerely,
Charlie

Charles Carlson

Berkeley, CA 94705