Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Melanie Thurber <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:27:49 -0500
text/plain (22 lines)
Nikki Lee stated," Let me get this straight. A black bear mamma's privacy in the safety of her
den has been completely violated; black bears have been surviving well
for millennia and some idiot researchers are concerned about the nutrition
of the new cub??"

I understand where your concern comes from. For the sake of keeping things short, I didn't give any history behind the researchers. My only purpose of the post was that the spotlight had been turned to the nature of breastfeeding. The researchers were the first to admit that they didn't know the mechanics of breastfeeding well and were looking for information. This particular group is located in Minnesota, USA where there has been a clash between black bears and communities. They are working tirelessly to educate the public and hunters about these bears and they generally don't want to harm humans. They research a small group of bears in the wild with almost no intervention. They work hard to study without harming the animals (no tranquilizers, or relocation, etc.) If you are interested, one of the researchers Lynn Rogers, is featured in a movie titled, "Bearwalker of the Northwoods".

Melanie Thurber,
WIC Peer Counselor, IBCLC hopeful:)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2