Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:05:25 -0300
From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
I have no doubt that CCD is contagious, as far as the linkage with IAPV and
Nosema ceranae goes. I have doubts that this markers/causes indentified are
not just distracting us on the managment plan. "Que las hojas no nos tapen
el bosque".

I do not want to get traped in the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics) nor tell others what
to do, but only that on all what I've read, there is a lack of anamnesis
that makes difficult to interpret under the scope of "each beekeeping is
local".

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)>Been autorefencing,
I have no access to verify if IAPV or other virus is/are the ones around
here. But I know that a potential path for both nosema and viruses is
pollen. Therefore I gamma irradiate my own pollen before doing the patties.
And well, I do my own patties and feed at the proper time (at golden rod
bloom) because I am convinced that nutrition is another cause of CCD (and
not a marker) I also feed syrup subsidian to nature offer as part of a
managment strategy to cope with weather variability. I also try to keep
varroa at check, because there are more than proved links between varroa and
viruses, and varroa and stress (a marker).

I am concius of pesticide contamination, but unless they are bad applied or
I can not move my hives in spite of a gentle call of the aplicator, I do not
see currently much of a problem in our operation. At the same time I do not
risk my hives placing them on potentially dangerous zones. Still have doubts
on fungicides implications in nutrition and pollen contamination.

However I do not agree on considering coumaphos any "... beneficial role in
promoting apiary health...". The point is reducing varroa without the use of
coumaphos. A very difficult task, indeed.

> Only the miticide coumaphos was at consistently
higher levels in non-CCD versus CCD colonies out of 50 pesticides
and metabolites found, supporting its beneficial role in
promoting apiary health by reducing Varroa mite stress.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.