From:
"mumma2wldthings @mac.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2011 01:34:46 -0500
i just wanted to clarify, when i wrote the comment about,
  "i have often wondered why nobody has come up w/ a rice milk based
formula w/ all these multiple food allergy babies today", that i did
not mean it in a
"wouldn't that be great?"
kind of way, i meant it in a
"they've turned every other unnatural thing not meant to be consumed
by human babies into formula, can't b/l this hasn't occurred to
someone as the ultimate 'low allergen' milk yet", kind of way!

i have a baby allergic to every type of  formula ever made, as well as
goat's milk (and there is over an 80% correlation b/t cow's and goat's
milk, which is another reason it's not a great alternative), who was
even allergic to rice for a period of time (!) so there's no way
you'll ever hear me advocating for more artificial liquids to feed our
babies! just had to clarify that in case my intent got lost in the
black & white of a computer monitor along the way! :-)

Jacqui Gruttadauria, BSW
(near detroit, michigan)
(where i am awkwardly hunkered over my 5 yo dd as she nurses to type
this!)