HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 10:35:34 -0800
Hi All,

There seem to be 2 of 3 rosaries present, and the beads I'm calling rosary
beads are associated with them, attached with a crucifix, and do have the
little wire links.

These particular beads are cuprous, hollow.  They are round.

They are seperated into the decades with 3 sided, elongated ones (also
cuprous)that seem to have writing on them.

The center shows a suffering Jesus portrait.

There is one crucifix, and one loose, oddly shaped cross (looks almost Art
Deco).

We also have several glass beads, including seed beads.  We even have
plastic pony beads from the surface.

And there 3 very unusual flat, discoidal ones that may actually have been
buttons with wire pin shanks.

I'm just doing the sort after washing, and it will take me awhile to get
them bagged and tagged so that I can get these beads into an assemblage.

By the way, most of the beads we got at the Aguirre Adobe in SD Old Town (an
Indian boarding school) were wooden, and for the students.

Thanks all, I appreciate everyone's input.  Please keep em coming, or send
directly to [log in to unmask]

S. Walter