ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:08:01 -0400
From:
"Watson, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
cc: Laura Huerta Migus <[log in to unmask]>

Hi, everyone -

We are in the process of expanding our youth programming at the National Museum of Natural History. In the past, we've offered high school students a stipend for their participation in a 6-week Summer Internship and 10-week Saturdays-only College Preparation course. As we expand, we're trying to do some benchmarking to make sure that the stipends we've been offering are fair and competitive with comparable programs.

If you have a youth program, we'd be very interested in whether or not you offer a stipend, and if so, how much it is, for what time commitment, and how you came to that figure. We're also interested in the answers to any of the questions we should be asking along with these but aren't. :)

If you're willing to share the information but don't want to do so on the list, please feel free to contact me directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Watson, Ed.D.
Chief of Onsite Learning