Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 15:35:47 -0400
Your experience is invaluable.  Remember rule #1.  Feed the baby.  I once
saw a mom after 24 hour hospital stay.  We then saw them in their homes in
next 24 hours.  Baby was dry, mom was concerned.  Wide apart, tubular
breasts.  She decided to just use formula.  Another mom, same circumstances
decided to use SNS and did for about 6 weeks.  When the baby is obviously in
trouble, I think we need to be honest with mom.  Tell her what we see and
give her options and ideas and suppport for whatever she decides.  All the
galactagogues, pumping etc in the world aren't going to make milk producing
tissue.  Each pregnancy  may help more develop....

I do wonder why you are seeing so many in your particular population tho.