ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2012 12:36:58 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a student Psychopharmacology & Pathophysiology (Biomedical
Sciences) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). I have finished a
bachelor Psychobiology and I am in the first year of my master.
Currently I am doing a research internship at the Vrije Universiteit
(VU) of Amsterdam.
For my second year I plan to do a Science Communication track at the VU.
The first semester of this track will consist of several courses
(Qualitative and Quantitative Research Methods, Science and
communication, Science journalism, Communication, organization and
management, Science in dialogue, Science communication through museums,
Health communication (BSc and MSc)). These courses will be followed by
an internship in the second semester. This internship will be a 5 month
project in the topic of science journalism, science musea, public
engagement, science education, science media, etc. After a very positive
experience abroad during my bachelor internship, I would very much like
to broaden my horizon for this internship as well, and this is where you
come in.

I am looking for an internship in the period of Februari 2013 until June
2013 (+1 or 2 months). What I would like to ask is whether you take
interns or know companies, musea or universities where they are
interested in someone with my background. I believe I can be an addition
to a department of science and museum design and help brainstorm about
ways to build bridges between science and society. I love to work with
people, be creative and I am organized. I am an ambitious student and
eager to learn. If you are interested or if you still need to be
convinced, I would be happy to send my résumé and additional information.

Contact me by mailing: [log in to unmask]
I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Yours faithfully,

Mandy Hu