ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 11:25:21 -0500
From:
Jason Zermeno <[log in to unmask]>

Space Center Houston has a pretty nice size and distance scale exhibit
designed for venues with a decent a amount of outdoor space.  The outdoor
space space does not have to be linear, relative distances are based on the
amount of steps one has to take to reach the next planet.  I used it many
times to teach students rel. distances, sizes and time cycles in the solar
system.  While i have  experience with other exhibits doing both size and
distance at the same time, I really like the presentation and durability of
this outdoor exhibit.  Esp. the highly detailed planet models which are
laser sculpted into thick ovoid crystal panels.

 http://voyagesolarsystem.org/

--
Jason Argus Zermeno

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.”
-Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.