Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 2010 14:55:51 +0100
7bit
From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
We don't in the UK, really.  If there is a female nurse on, there is a
female nurse on, with hospital consultants - but most consultants work
with a nurse practitioner, regardless of speciality.  But I've had
vaginal exams with only the male practitioner in the room.

Likewise, I've have male hands on my breasts, with no female in
attendance.  GPs regularly do cervical smears and breast exams for their
female patients.  GPs also do penis and testicle examinations.  Gender
of GP isn't an issue.

You can request a female practitioner, if you want one, or a male one if
you are male, but in times of need/emergency, you get who is on duty.  I
trusted my two male GP's at my last surgery, far more than the female
one!  (She was one of those "I've breastfed and I know everything as I'm
also a doctor." ones.  In contrast, the two male GPs, fathers both,
supported my breastfeeding far more than the female one did.)

Morgan Gallagher