From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:07:51 -0500
> Just one point to be eliminated is that this pallet was somehow put in a
> "bad" position on the ride home.

Hives on the front of a load usually are the worse for wear but symptoms are
not like described.

> I am  frankly perplexed that one pallet (of say >50 ??) should provoke
> more than a shrug...and the eggs/unsealed look good?

I personally today do not shrug symptoms not seen before off. Especially
when
researchers are saying whatever is killing hives in their opinion is
contagious. I do not know the size operation the beekeeper runs but he
indicated he was seeing what I posted on numerous semi loads returning from
almonds. He said to me he personally had never seen those particular
symptoms before. Randy & others indicated they had but only over the last
few years.

Jerry B. if you are reading please email me or contact the beekeeper. The
beekeeper and I were supposed to meet tonight in Georgia but the reason for
the trip has been put on hold ( another week?) but not by me! I have spent
several hours on the phone with the beekeeper and he has gone back to the
hives checking on things I asked him to check and reported back.

Again he says the problem is confined to pupa and he said tonight he is
seeing some deformed wings but varroa loads are not an issue as they have
been doing rolls.

The beekeeper indicates the problem is not clearing up as John suggested.
The beekeeper is staying in a motel but has frozen samples in the room
frige freezer.

I do want to look at his samples while in the area and maybe some hives. He
said so far  all hives on around 50 pallets ( 200 hives)  have the symptoms
or have died. He said the hives are on new or close to new comb.

bob