From:
Henya KnitMammy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 01:23:22 -0400
When we adapted our cat years ago we got a wonderful bargain. Buy one - get
six free. We just did not know it at the time. When she had kittens we asked
an advise from a friend of ours, who was working with cats a lot and was
going through the Vet. School. He told us to keep them together for 12
weeks. I do not remember feeding kittens any special food. They might have
gotten some dry pellets from the Mommy's bowl. But they were still nursing
at 12 weeks, when they got separated. Fortunately good homes were found for
all kittens and Mom got spayed.
I remember that the person, who picked up the kittens told us what a good
job we did with them. They were all healthy and plump. I told him that we
did not do anything special, just fed the Mommy cat. He told us that it was
the most important thing, enabling her to nurse the kittens made them
healthy.
Now this was a 20 year old kid, who is learning to be a vet. I wish we could
educate the human doctors on how important mommy milk is. I got another
phone call today - my pediatrician says there is no calories in my milk,
because my baby is 12 months old.  I get this calls fairly regularly. It is
the same doctor here most of the time. And he is not interested in hearing
anything.

--
Henya
Brooklyn, NY

Want to know me better - visit my blog
http://chickenstitches.blogspot.com/

For unique patterns and stitch markers - visit my shop chickenstitches.com

Visit my Etsy shop - chickenstitches.etsy.com

Find me on Ravelry as knitmammy http://www.ravelry.com/people/knitmammy