HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jerry Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:31:41 +0000
I recommend an essay by David von Drehle in last week's Time Magazine on the Civil War:  http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2063679,00.html. He contends that the war was always about slavery from the very beginning but why after the war concluded, historians, politicians, and the media ignored or downplayed that reality, be they northerners or southerners.

Regards,

Jerry Schaefer

ASM Affiliates, Inc.
2034 Corte Del Nogal