HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jerry Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 19:13:54 +0000
This sure sounds like many of the contemporary domestic trash deposits in downtown San Diego where earthquakes are very rare and not usually considered.  We sometimes get multiple broken vessels from the same set of vitreous stoneware, in some cases even the same set of fine porcelain. Factors you may want to consider include accumulation of household debris in a barrel or other receptacle  before it is dumped into a pit, purchase of new china and discard of old worn set, change in occupants due to dwelling sale, new lease, evictions, etc.

Regards,

Jerry Schaefer

ASM Affiliates, Inc.
2034 Corte Del Nogal