Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 31 May 2010 08:47:13 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
"Angela Love-Zaranka, BA, IBCLC, RLC" <[log in to unmask]>
I agree with the comments about sequencing in our lives to care for those around us and Jan's about consideration for others taking the exam the same day.

Personally, my fourth child was 7 weeks old when I sat the exam.  I planned accordingly.  I taught my husband how to feed him EBM appropriately should the need arise (three different methods).  He and my eldest son accompanied me to the exam site and walked around for the morning session.  I sat near the back of the room so as not to disturb others if one of the proctors came to me if the baby needed to feed.  I finished the morning session.  I assumed all was well because I had not been disturbed so, I put my head down and took a mini power nap (no, I don't snore)!  Nursed him during lunch.  My husband and son were so empowered to meet the baby's needs that they took him to the shopping mall to walk around during the afternoon session.

That baby will be 13 years old tomorrow.  I now work part-time in a hospital setting and have a private practice.  As Margaret Mead states: A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.  Patience and optimism.

Back to lurking...