ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ian Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:08:08 +0100

The Viewstream 300 is a good solid-state video player.
http://www.digitalview.com/brochures/ViewStream_300_v2.pdf

It has to be programmed using software that comes with it. I haven't found
this particularly difficult. Alternatively, some suppliers will programme it
for you.

For low-priced, industrial specification monitors, check out those used for
closed-circuit-TV security applications.

By the way, my ears are still burning from yesterday's comment:

"I just do not think a shared listserve is the best place for an in-depth
conversation to take place...especially since some people on this list are
in the business of selling exhibits."

I've contributed to this forum practically since it began, because I care
passionately about the subject. America isn't where my business comes from.
In all these years, I think I've only sold two small tabletop interactives
to the USA. I've never tried to sell anything on ASTC-L.

Instead of the security of what my wife calls 'a proper job', for the past
20 years I've been committed to the precarious existence of a freelance
service-provider to science centres. For this, ECSITE for example, rewards
me by classifying me as 'for profit' and asking double the membership fee
paid by those with 'proper jobs' who may join 'for personal career
advancement'.

Promoting public engagement with science
through a contagious delight in phenomena
*
[log in to unmask] * http://www.interactives.co.uk
*
Give people facts and you feed their minds for an hour.
Awaken curiosity and they feed their own minds for a lifetime.
*
Ian Russell   (Twitter: ianrusselluk)