HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
BERNARD FONTANA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BERNARD FONTANA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:52:37 -0700
Sorry, Bob, but the Hotel Claremont, where the 7th SHA meeting was held, is
in Berkeley and not in Oakland.  It's right on the border between the two
cities, but the Berkeley address wins out (check the hotel's web site).  The
Oakland Museum and the Adan Treganza Museum of San Francisco State
University sponsored the gathering.  Attendees spent time in Oakland, San
Francisco, and Sacramento.
    And one of the posts (from whom I don't recall) had the organizational
meeting in Houston when, in fact, it was in Dallas (Ed Jelks at SMU hosted
the affair).
    I have a complete set of all the SHA newsletters, and details of all the
early meetings are clearly set forth there.  Surely there must be complete
sets elsewhere.  If not, what am I bid?
    The organizational meeting is described in detail in the first issue of
the SHA's journal.
    Bunny Fontana