HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:28:49 +0800
Has anyone working in the former "wild west" states got any comparison
tables of their data against South's or others that have used pattern
recognition? The reason I ask is because Australia's northwest was colonised
from 1860 so it falls into the same date range as the 'wild west' period. My
material does not compare to patterns found on the earlier eastern seaboard
sites.

I am in the final throes of writing a book about the northwest but during
the writing of a chapter discovered this gap and now want to check out the
similarities/differences if information is readily available. But I no
longer have much time for sourcing books or reports from overseas.

Regards

Gaye