From:
"Jennifer Tow, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:40:33 -0400
Mary Anne,
As Cathy said, the exercises are specific to what we think baby needs, but the other issue with
them is the need for frequency. Mom will not see results doing them once or twice per day. I explain
to the mom that we all learn anything more quickly when we do it frequently and consistently. And
I may have missed other recommendations, but I never assume any baby will have full recovery w/o
structural support. I consider it essential to care. I would not refer to early intervention as they
rarely support breastfeeding adequately, unless you have addressed the structural issues first. Find
a pediatric chiropractor or other skilled practitioner first. This should not wait. Finally--is there need
for re-clipping, as is frequently the case?
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA