Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:46:19 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
To Pamela,

It is an interesting point you bring up. I was traveling to a Breastfeeding Coalition meeting last fall and had three + hours in the car to talk with a much more experienced colleague. We did wonder if we were seeing more tongue-tie or was it the diagnosis du-jour because of heightened awareness. When I have recommended further evaluation to a mom, I have been surprised each time that her or her baby's physician has agreed with my assessment and has made referral for treatment. I try to remember that each mom and baby are different and unique, and make my recommendations accordingly.  I wonder if the reason LCs are seeing tongue tie a lot is that moms who in the '70s or '80s would have just quit breastfeeding because of the pain are now more motivated to keep it going? 

Thanks for letting me vent this. Tongue-tie is an area of extreme interest to me and I'm glad to be able share with like-minded people. Most think I'm too esoteric...

Leslie Cree IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2